Tuesday, February 11th, 2014 at 6:09 am by ba3 — Category: Demo News
If you are a developer who has been using Google Maps for internal or external projects, you are probably well aware of the problems and limitations of the platform. For example:
- You don’t have a lot of control over markers - marker support is very limited
- Just a little bit of customization or layering slows Google Maps down. If you put 3 or 4 vector routes on a map, it bogs down
- Fancy or intricate overlays can be nearly impossible
- It is difficult to develop a web map and an iOS/Android app map that look alike
- You may have trouble getting maps for Asia
- Base map options are limited or you have no control
- And so on
Are you looking for a powerful, high-performance alternative to Google Maps? A replacement for Google Maps that will let you show all of your corporate data with style and fluidity? The BA3 Altus Mapping Engine has impressive advantages over Google Maps:
- Your data, your way - choose any base map you like from a variety of sources:
- Any tile provider, like MapBox, MapQuest or custom tiles streaming in from the Internet
- Any WMS data source
- MBTiles files on device or streaming in
- Any raster assets, like FAA charts, geoTiffs, getPDFs, aerial photos, etc., either on device or streaming
- Terrain layers on device or streaming
- Vector base layers derived from OpenStreetMap, Natural Earth, Esri shape files or custom vector data sources
- Impressive marker support - Use any icons for your markers, animate markers, display thousands of markers simultaneously, create clickable markers, etc.
- Impressive layering - Overlay a base map with vectors, polygons, a million markers, raster files (with alpha) and animated weather - it all works fluidly and intuitively for your users.
- Vector tiles - Display your vector maps from OSM, Esri, etc. easily in Altus.
- Learn once, run anywhere multi-platform - Learn one mapping engine and then use the same concepts on iOS, Android, Windows 8, OSX, etc. The Altus Mapping Engine is the same C++ code running on all platforms, so it works identically on all platforms.
Bring all of these advantages to your mapping apps today with the BA3 Altus Mapping Engine - a high-performance, highly capable replacement for Google Maps. Contact BA3 today.
Markers, vectors, polygons and animated weather all in one view over a custom base map - this is easy to do with Altus, impossible to do in Google Maps